The Office of Sustainability coordinates a number of campus greening initiatives - many related to recycling, active transportation, and energy conservation - that will affect each department and unit on campus.
To help facilitate communication and implementation at the unit level, we would like each department to designate a staff member to serve as a liaison – an EcoRep – to the Office of Sustainability.
EcoReps have two main responsibilities:
- Work within their Unit or Department to disseminate information on how to support sustainability initiatives on campus, or, if possible, participate in the Green Office Challenge.
- Communicate with the Office of Sustainability regarding issues that arise in implementing these programs.
The EcoReps' commitment consists of:
- Attending a training session, to be offered generally offered once or twice a year
- Being added to a listserv to receive updates and information about the programs
- Organizing no more than 2-3 meetings, brown bag lunches or brief information sessions per year for his/her department to discuss sustainability programs on campus, with the assistance of Office of Sustainability staff.
Potential EcoReps should be interested in participating and promoting recycling and other outreach initiatives in their department. This person does not need to be a director or in charge of departmental resources or facilities. The ideal representative is someone who has an interest in the environment and sustainability.
EcoReps are registered the same was that any other special campus liasions (i.e., REACH members) are assignened, using the ACCC Liaision page. If you are interested be sure to let your Department/Unit Head know, as there may already be an EcoRep in your office.
List of EcoReps
An extensive list of EcoRep-resentation will be posted on this page soon.