Messages from Chancellor Allen-Meares and Provost Tanner
- Message to Campus 10/7/10
- Message from Chancellor Allen-Meares regarding the Chicago City Council's resolution in support of state funding for higher education. | Chancellor's Remarks to the committee
- Letter from Provost Tanner RE Administrative Review 4/12/2010
- Letter to Governor Quinn and Comptroller Hynes [pdf]
Chancellor Allen-Meares joined Interim University President Stanley Ikenberry and the presidents and chancellors of Illinois public universities to write a letter urging Governor Quinn and Comptroller Hynes to commit to a reliable schedule for the payment of the state appropriation to the universities. See the video of the Press Conference held at Northern Illinois University on Tuesday, February 9.
- Message from Provost Tanner and John Loya, Vice Chancellor for Human Resources 1/29/10
The UIC policy which more specifically addresses the hiring freeze put into
place by Interim President Ikenberry on Jan. 5.
- Message to Campus 1/27/10
The Chancellor's message to campus highlighting new and important discoveries and events on campus.
- Provost Tanner Message to Faculty 1/25/10
- Message to Campus 1/20/10
A message from the Chancellor on the voluntary pay reduction program as an alternative to furloughs for faculty and academic professionals.
- Message to Students 1/19/10
A message from the Chancellor to Students and their Families regarding the current fiscal crisis at UIC and the potential impact on current and future UIC students.
- Message to Campus 1/6/10
A message from both the Chancellor and Provost regarding budget planning for fiscal year 2011.
University messages and resources
Documents and Presentations
- Budget Summary for Operations, FY 2011, the "orange book" [pdf]
- UI FY2010 Cash Flow Crisis [pdf]
- Financial Indicators [pdf]
- Cost Containment Actions [pdf]
- Administrative Review and Restructuring
- State of Illinois Budget Site
- State Universities Annuitants Association (SUAA) recommendation for a State Debt Reduction Plan for 2010
- News Release from the Illinois Board of Higher Education urging legislative action on cash crisis 2/12/10
- "Higher education should be a high priority for Illinois" by Dick Simpson, Chicago Sun-Times 3/14/10
© Copyright 2015 The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois