Parking and Transportation
Campus Parking Services provides safe, convenient and affordable parking options for vehicles on campus:
- Campus Parking Services issues parking spaces to students, faculty and staff members. Note that parking is provided on a first-come, first-serve basis. Those interested can apply online.
- For visitors or occasional drivers, several cash lots are available on campus. To see a map of parking facilities, click here.
- Visit the Parking Fees Page for information on parking rates.
- Accommodations are available for those with special needs. Contact a Customer Service Office for details.
Visit the Campus Parking Services website for more information.
Intracampus Shuttle Bus
UIC's Intracampus bus services provides free transportation services to students, faculty and staff to different places on campus. Three routes are available:
- The UIC Intracampus Route links the east and west sides of campus via Roosevelt Road or Taylor Street. During Intersession, the Intracampus Route will operate on the weekend/holiday schedule. See the Intracampus Route Map.
- The UIC East Side Route circles the east side of campus including the south residence halls. It does not operate on weekends, holidays or intersession. See the East Side Route Map.
- The Semester Express Route provides an express link between the east and the west sides of campus via Harrison Street, as well as serving the south campus residence halls. The Semester Express does not operate on weekends, holidays, breaks or intersession. See the Semester Express Route Map.
UIC is served by the CTA trains (the “El”) Blue Line train (UIC-Halsted and Racine stops) and the Pink Line train (Polk stop), connecting the campus with downtown, O'Hare International Airport, northwest and west side neighborhoods of Chicago, and the western suburbs of Oak Park, Forest Park, and Cicero.
In particular, the 7 and 60 buses run from downtown west on Harrison St., connecting the commuter rail hubs to the campus:
- The 60 bus boards on the south (Madison St.) side of the Ogilvie Transportation Center (Metra rail lines: Union Pacific North, Northwest, and West.)
- The 60 and the 7 buses board on the west (Clinton St.) side of Union Station (Metra rail lines: Burlington Northern-Santa Fe, Heritage Corridor, North Central, Southwest, and Milwaukee District North and West.)
Pace Suburban Bus operates an express route (Route 755 Plainfield - IMD Express) between Plainfield, Bolingbrook and the UIC campus and Illinois Medical District during weekday rush hours.
The UIC campus is also two blocks west of the Greyhound Bus terminal.
Detailed travel information is available from the Regional Transportation Authority's Travel Information Center or 836-7000 from any area code in the RTA service area (area code 312 from outside the area.)
- CTA (“L” trains and buses)
- PACE (buses)
- Metra schedule (trains)
- Metra system map
- Airports serving Chicago
Meet Michael, a second-year pharmacy student. Learn what he loves about the world-renowned pharmacy program at UIC and what he plans to do with his degree.
- African American Academic Network
- African American Cultural Center
- Asian American Resource and Cultural Center
- Disability Resource Center
- Gender and Sexuality Center
- Latin American Recruitment and Educational Services Center (LARES)
- Latino Cultural Center
- Native American Support Program
- TRIO – Academic Support Program
- Women's Leadership and Resource Center
© Copyright 2015 The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois